World Congress FAQs
The dates for the ICSB World Congress are from July 9, 2023, to July 14, 2023. The dates of July 9th to July 11th will have events taking place in Jinju which is also known as the “pre-congress.” Following that, the dates of July 11th to July 14th will be taking place at the Kimdaejung Convention Center in Gwangju for our main hybrid-based conference.
The Executive Edition of the Academy will be fully online and will be taking place from June 19th, 2023 to June 23rd.
Academy Cup in-person events start from the first day of the World Congress in Jinju on July 9th, and continue to Gwangju on Tuesday, July 11th and continue throughout the week until the Academy Final Awards Ceremony that takes place on July 14th (the last day of the conference) and will begin at 3:00 pm.
The best time to arrive in South Korea would be between July 6 and July 7th, due to there being activities/events already planned for the first day of the pre-conference (July 9) in Jinju, also known as the ‘pre-conference” portion. This is also to ensure that you give yourself enough time to settle in with the time difference and make the ICSB staff aware of any details or challenges that you may have.
The ICSB recommended hotel in Seoul is The Westin Josun Seoul Hotel by Marriott which will be on a self-pay system.
Please look here: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/selwi-the-westin-josun-seoul/overview/ for more information about the hotel, booking information, and other offers available.
The agenda for the ICSB World Congress 2023 is to include both Jinju, South Korea, and Gwangju, South Korea. These two locations will be hosting all of the events for this year’s World Congress. Moreover, the official agenda for this year’s conference has already been put up on the official ICSB website where you can look and download the full program. Full Program available for download below:
The submitted Academic papers will be presented July 13th-July 14th. You can download the call for papers here
- Seoul- The ICSB recommended hotel in Seoul is The Westin Josun Seoul Hotel by Marriott which will be on a self-pay system. Please look here: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/selwi-the-westin-josun-seoul/overview/ for more information about the hotel, booking information and other offers available.
- Jinju- Dongbang Hotel, Jinju (July 9-11) Please book here: http://www.hoteldongbang.com/main/index.html?_ga=2.109848197.1807074868.1679265575-2025556483.1646773302
- Gwangju- Holiday Inn Gwangju (July 11-14) Please book here:
Please notify and contact the staff as soon as possible to ensure that we know and can have you up to speed as soon as you arrive!
For “plus-1’s” and families, we do have a family-friendly program and there are activities planned that your accompanied guests and family can partake in, as well as the conference being available for attendance. In saying that, ICSB has a policy of special pricing for guests and family as well as children below the age of 12 being welcome at no cost. Please contact us to inquire about our special pricing and to find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In terms of airlines and plane tickets, ICSB would advise you to book as early in advance as possible in order to get the best value as well as be able to plan for and around your trip. This also allows you to start planning your time in Korea.
- There are no COVID-19 restrictions for South Korea as of right now, however, if that does change at any point we will be sure to let you know.
- In terms of VISA restrictions and requirements for entrance into South Korea, you either need a valid U.S. passport or an approved Korean Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter. If you do apply for the Korean Electronic Travel Authorization make sure that you do it at least 24 hours prior to boarding and there is a non-refundable fee associated with it as well.
- As usual, please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months and contains one or more blank pages.
- If you are coming from Liberia, you will not need a VISA nor complete a (K-ETA).
- If you are coming from one of the following countries listed here, you will need to schedule a consulate appointment with an embassy near you in order to secure and receive your VISA. Please think about doing this ahead of time.
View more details about Visa Requirements here
This year’s 2023 ICSB World Congress will be hybrid and will be available online, including all sessions, panels as well as pictures and videos too. Please download the “Whova” Application, also been used in our past conferences to get updates and news throughout the conference as well as be able to see other presentations and panels as well.